There are around thirty operators have been issued with Gibraltar gambling licence under the Gambling Ordinance 2005 since 1998.
Corporation Tax Rate: 10%; however; utility companies and companies that abuse a dominant position are subject to 20%.
Gaming Tax Rate: 1% of annual turnover up to £42.5million, with gaming tax capped at £425,000 per year.
Who manages E-Gambling in Gibraltar?
All gambling operations in Gibraltar require licensing under the Gambling Act 2005. Remote Gambling licences, including those for telephone and internet betting, are issued by the Licensing Authority.
The Gambling Commissioner is appointed under the provisions of the Act and can issue and revoke licenses in accordance with the contracts and in such a manner as to maintain the good reputation of Gibraltar.
The Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association (GBGA) is a trade association representing nearly all of the Gibraltar based online gaming operators and acting as a go between for the local and international authorities. They cannot issue licences but can offer advice and assistance.
Online Licences are generally difficult to obtain. The Licensing Authority will only consider licensing blue chip companies with a proven track record in gambling, licensed in a reputable jurisdiction, of good financial standing and with a realistic business plan.
Customer Privacy and Data Protection:
Licensees are required by the Licensing Authority to obtain at least the following basic personal information with regard to all prospective customers. This shall include full name; residential address; and date of birth. Upon obtaining the required information and completing any due diligence arising there from, the licensee shall be entitled to deal with the customer as a registered player.
Licence Fee: £2,000
Licence Length: One year
Software Testing Requirements:
Required in accordance with the Remote Technical and Operating Standards of Gibraltar.
Reporting Requirements to Regulators:
The licensee shall be required to produce audited accounts to the Licensing Authority each year during the Licence period and maintain its financial records in accordance with the applicable law from time to time. The licensee shall also be required to meet all its accounts and filing requirements as set out in the Companies Act, the Companies (Accounts) Act and Companies (Consolidated Accounts) Act and any other applicable legislation.
Anti-Money Laundering Policy:
The Anti-Money Laundering Code of Practice is ‘interpretive guidance’ to the Gibraltar gambling industry in respect of the requirements of the Act, the Gibraltar Crime (Money Laundering and Proceeds) Act, and the 3rd EU Anti-Money Laundering Directive. This Code applies to all financial transactions associated with defined gambling activities undertaken under the authority of a Gibraltar gambling licence.
Restriction on acting as a betting intermediary except under licence.
Gambling Division – H.M Government of Gibraltar
Address: Suite 603, Europort, GX11 1AA, Gibraltar
Telephone: 00350 20064142
Fax: 00350 20064150
The Gibraltar Betting and Gaming Association Limited
Address: 57/63 Line Wall Road, Gibraltar
Telephone: + 350 200 68450
Fax: +350 200 40249
Online casinos licensed in Gibraltar
- Ladbrokes (International) Plc – Ladbrokes Sportsbook LP
- Victor Chandler (International) Ltd
- Stan James Plc
- bwin.party digital entertainment Plc
- GTECH (Gibraltar) Ltd)
- 32 Red Plc
- Digibet Ltd
- Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd (888.com Plc)
- Mansion Online Casino Ltd -Onisac Limited
- Argon Financial Ltd (formerly ProSpreads Ltd) Spread Betting Financial Instruments
- WHG (International) Ltd
- Hillside (Gibraltar) Ltd (Bet365 Group Ltd)
- Petfre (Gibraltar) Ltd (Betfred)
- Gamesys (Gibraltar) Ltd (Entertaining Play Ltd)
- Probability (Gibraltar) Ltd
- TSE (Gibraltar) LP (Betfair Group)
- tombola (International) Plc
- Nektan (Gibraltar) Ltd
- BetClic Everest (Gibraltar) Ltd
- IGT (Gibraltar) Ltd
- Gala Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd – Coral Interactive (Gibraltar) Ltd
- Bally Technologies (Gibraltar) Ltd (incorporated SHFL RGL No. 61)
- Ongame Network Ltd (Amaya Inc Group)
- EU Lotto Ltd
- Odobo Ltd
- Scientific Games (Gibraltar) Ltd (incorporated WMS RGL No. 068)
- Realistic Games (Gibraltar) Ltd
- NE Services Ltd (NetEnt)
- NYX Gaming (Gibraltar) Ltd
- High 5 Games (Gibraltar) Ltd