If you are thinking of getting a Curacao Gambling License, you will better understand how and where a curacao gambling license can be used once you understand the seven types of gambling jurisdictions which are seen across the world.
- Jurisdictions which allow no form of online gambling for example China, Turkey, UAE, Brunei, Cambodia, North Korea, Japan, Singapore, Quatar, Lebanon, Poland (Note, this list may not be accurate and is provided as a reference).
- Jurisdictions which allow only licensing for online gambling operators but do not allow them to provide services within the country and does not allow any foreign license holders also to operate.
- Jurisdictions which allow only licensing for online gambling operators but do not allow them to provide services within the country, but they impose no restriction on any foreign license holders to operate. (ex. Costa Rica).
- Jurisdictions which have no laws on online gambling (ex. India).
- Jurisdictions which allow online gambling only through operators registered in the same country or state (ex. Some states in the USA).
- Jurisdictions which allow online gambling by its residents through licensed operators from selected countries but have no domestic laws (ex. Most EU Countries which allow EU licensed operators to accept customers from their countries).
- Jurisdictions which allow online gambling by its residents through licensed operators from the home country and selected other countries (ex. Most EU Countries which allow EU licensed operators to accept customers from their countries).
Now, no online gambling operations are possible with a Curacao license in the first two categories of countries (1,2) and countries which fall under Category 5.
So, with a Curacao license, operations will be possible in countries which fall under Category 3 and a few countries under Category 4, 6 and 7. This also means that for the other countries under Category 4, 6 and 7 you will have to acquire specialised licenses.
To Qualify the above
The Curacao license strictly forbids the following countries Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, France, The Netherlands, Saba, Statia, St. Maarten, Singapore, USA.
All other countries are fair game.
Advertising may be limited
Your operation will be limited by its ability to legally advertise in some jurisdictions without a local license. For instance, Australia is not forbidden by the Curacao license, however, you will not be able to take out a centerfold advertisement in their local newspapers without Bruce, understandably, getting upset.
Payments may be limited
In addition to advertising restrictions, your operation will be limited by its ability to accept payments in some jurisdictions. Payment service providers will often block card payments from jurisdictions where you need a local license.
Cryptocurrencies are a curve ball
Bitcoins and other Altcoins changes the above somewhat in that, there is no way for regulators to regulate its use and in some jurisdictions they are not considered a “currency”. In these instances, you would be able to offer your service to anyone able to pay with cryptocurrency so long as you do not actively target the forbidden countries as stipulated by the Curacao government.
How to get a license
We work with GamblingTec.com, a white labeling service provider which will be your fastest route to getting a gambling license.
Get in touch, we are a wealth of information and can help you make an informed decision.